The RYFA Board has been forced to make the difficult decision to cancel the fall football season this year. There will NOT be RYFA Tackle or Flag Football this fall. The Board would like to play football this year, but felt the current status of the COVID-19 Pandemic makes it unsafe for the players, coaches and families.
The Minnesota Department of Health has deemed football as a "high-risk" sport for COVID-19 and the RYFA Board decided to follow the lead of the MN State High School League and many colleges (RCTC, UM, etc.) will not play this year.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; and we appreciate your patience with RYFA while we made our final decision. Any payments you have made for Flag of Tackle football will be refunded. If you applied for financial aid assistance your application will be inactivated.
We had opened registration and recruited sponsors with the hope that we would have a fall season; but the current COVID-19 climate makes it unsafe. Let's hope for a better 2021 and we hope to see you next year!